Every country, which is member or associated member of UEMS PRM Section can participate in the organization of European Board Examination.
The applicants must be physicians who have had their PRM training in UEMS member countries and the associated countries participating in the PRM Section. Two situations are considered :
Qualified PRM specialists :
They must show proof that they are fully certified in PRM in their country (National Certification in a UEMS member country or associated country) and present their professional curriculum vitae to the National Manager.
PRM trainees :
PRM trainees can sit the EBPRM examination from year 3 of a specialist training programme at the discretion of the training programme director. Even if they pass the Board Examination, they will not receive the Board Certificate until they will be officially certified in their country.
The procedure to sit the Board examination:
The examination is computer based. Depending of the country, the candidates will take the exam in computer rooms (CR) or will bring their own laptops (BYOL) at the examination venue and use a WiFi connection to access the examination server through internet. Beginning of November, all candidates will receive detailed instructions by email, in order to access a demo exam and get familiar with the examination platform. In case of BYOL examination, it is the responsibility of the candidate to have a compatible laptop* (please check technical specifications below).
Please check the list of countries organizing the examination this year. For information about the venue, date and time please contact your National Manager. If your country is not listed, please contact the Certification Secretary General. We will offer you the possibility to take the exam in another country.
|Countries organising the Examination in 2019||Exam Type|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina (Republic of Srpska)||CR|
TBA: to be announced - please contact your National Manager.
Candidates wishing to sit Board examination must proceed in the following order:
Step 1: Payment of Registration Fee
Board Registration fee for Certification by Examination: 200 euros
Method of payment:
Payment by bank, in EUROS, account of the UEMS PRM Section: Account name: AISBL UEMS/S.PHYS.& REHAB., SWIFT/BIC GEBABEBB, IBAN BE57 0016 7441 7535, Brussels, Belgium
Address Bank : MONTAGNE DU PARC 3, BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
Step 2: Registration - Application
The registration - application to sit Board examination is submitted online (click here to access the application form). After a successful submission, a confirmation message will appear on screen. Registration number and a full copy of registration form will be sent to the candidate by email. The candidate should print it and proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Validation of the Registration File
The candidate must contact his/her National Manager, in order to submit the registration file for validation. The National Manager will examine the registration file and certify that training and National qualifications have been done according to National and European standards and criteria. The registration file will be returned to candidate after completion of certification procedure. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to submit the registration file to National Manager for validation within the deadline given below. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in the application period.
The Registration File consists of the following documents:
- Copy of fee payment receipt, issued by your bank
- Copy of the registration - application (sent to the candidate by email at Step 2)
- Logbook duly completed and signed by the local Director of Training - DOWNLOAD the logbook
- National PRM Qualification (for qualified PRM doctors)
The procedure, including validation by National Manager must be completed until September 30, 2019.
No applications will be accepted after this date. It is the responsibility of the candidate to be aware of and comply with application deadlines. After the closing of the procedure, all submissions will be verified for fee payment and validation granted by National Managers. Applications without complete payments and those not validated by National Managers will be REJECTED.
The examination is computer based and permanent internet connection is required for the whole duration of the exam. The UEMS/European PRM Board is not liable for technical issues related to the computers, network or internet connection used to access the exam. In case of BYOL examination, it is the responsibility of the candidates to bring a compatible computer* in the exam venue and assure its connection to local WiFi. The UEMS/European PRM Board cannot reimburse any personal and travel expences in the unlikely event of exam cancelation due to technical issues.
Examination takes place the last Friday of November, each year. Details regarding place and time will be provided by National Managers.
Results are announced in the form of pass/fail, by National Managers, after Jury Meeting that takes place in December. Certificates for those who passed the exam are given by National Managers after Spring General Assembly of PRM Section and Board of UEMS.
Candidates who have failed can sit the exam once more without further payment, provided that they sit the exam within one year from the year they failed. Candidates who were absent, will have the right to sit the exam within the next two years without further fee payment. A new application is mandatory in both cases (i.e. they have to follow again the steps 2 & 3 of the application - registration procedure).
*Compatible Operation Systems: The Safe Exam Browser must be downloaded, installed and executed to access the examination server (detailed instructions will be given in due time). Internet connection will be required for the whole duration of the exam.
1. Safe Exam Browser (SEB) for Windows is running on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs with the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
2. SEB for macOSis running on 64-bit Intel Macs with the following operating systems:
- macOS 10.14 Mojave Beta (not yet fully tested)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (TLS/SSL/CA certificate embedding and certificate pinning not supported)
- OS X 10.7 Lion (only supported as client, preferences window not available. TLS/SSL/CA certificate embedding and certificate pinning not supported)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (only supported up to SEB 1.5.2)
Suggested References for the Board Exam preparation:
- Braddom's Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- "Educational Resources" published by the European PRM Board. Please click here to access it and login as a "guest"
- UEMS Board and Section of PRM. Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine for Medical Students
- e-Book and papers published by the Professional Practice committee of UEMS PRM Section
- all those who apply for the examination will be granted access (beginning of November) to the simulation of the online exam based on Questions and Answers of the PRM Board exams in years 2009 – 2013. To get a general idea about the exam, Questions from the exam held in 1999 are available here.