Organized by the European College of PRM, with the scientific support of the ESWT SISC of The European PRM Society (ESPRM).
Duration: 1 May 2019 – 30 September 2019
Course coordinators: Nikolaos Barotsis & Elena Ilieva
Faculty: Nikolaos Barotsis, Elena Ilieva, Regina Stemberger
Participants Eligible to attend the course are physicians (either trainees or specialists) practising in the field of musculoskeletal rehabilitation. UEMS PRM Board Fellows and registered trainees benefit from discounted registration fees.
Level: Beginner: basic
Modules: the course will comprise the following modules:
1. Introduction: History, Physics, Biological Principles
2. Therapeutic application of SW: Indications, Contraindications & Side Effects, US guided ESWT.
3. Upper Limb applications: Shoulder, Elbow
4. Lower Limb applications: Hip & knee, Ankle & foot
5. Special applications: Bone healing, Myofascial pain syndrome, Wound healing, Spasticity.
Outcomes:The participants upon successful completion of the e-Learning material will fully acquire the theoretical knowledge for safe and effective application of ESWT. The e-Learning material provides the required up-to-date evidence-based data for the clinical application of Shock Waves in musculoskeletal disorders. Participants who will successfully & timely complete the activity will receive a certificate of Theoretical Competency in ESWT and the EACCME certificate of CMEs.
Registrations and detailed information can be found at www.prmcollege.eu.